Places of Interest
- Munch Museum
- Viking Ship Museum
- Vigeland Park (sculpture) Opera House
- University of Oslo
- TV Tower
- Akerbrygge waterfront
- Royal Palace 2pm changing of guard
- Oslo Stock Exchange
- Akerhus Fortress
Recommendations from Tamar from Innovation Norway:
Evening/Night time places to go?
- BLÅ (or blaa) this is a nice place to sit outside and have a drink. The street is: Brenneriveien 9c <http://www.blaaoslo.no/kontakt.asp>
- Stratos: This is a place middle in the center (at a place called Yongstorget) here you find a bar at the top of the building where you have the view over Oslo. Very Nice.
- Parkteateret: this is a bar/cafe in the area of Grünerløkka – this is I think a very nice area in Oslo.
- Fisk og vilt – this is a bar in the same area of Youngstorget (near by the Stratos). Nice place to go. Not very big.
- Dattera til Hagen (this bar/cafe you find in the area of Grønland (it has a very nice backyard)
Must-see tourist spots
- Vigelandsparken (with all the naked statues)
- National gallery
- Astrup Fernley museum (http://afmuseet.no/?top_menu=8&language=en)
- Aker Brygg (nice area by the sea, not so far away from the city Hall)
Anything else we should try out or visit?
- I think you should have a bbq picknic in the park (you can buy disposable grills at the supermarkets) and sit in any park you find to relax. The park behind the kings castle is nice 🙂
- Go to the Grønland, this is a nice and different area compared to the rest of Oslo.
- Heimen, here you find traditional food and Norwegian clothes (http://www.heimen.net/) You find at map on how to get there.
- If you long for “cheap” Asian food – go to Yayas 🙂 I love this restaurant 🙂 http://www.yayas.no/majorstua/index.php
- Pizza Paradisio (here you find nice Italian Pizzas (this restaurants you find in Grünerløkka:)http://www.villaparadiso.no/.
- Fish Market
- Floi Banen Funicular Railway
- Fresco Hall
- Gamle Bergen
- Ulriksbanen Cable Car
- Troldhaugen – home of composer Edvard Grieg
Drinks: legal, garage, Pingvinen, Kvarteret
Eating: spesial – vektertorget