The BSM group visited the Singapore office of Vestas at Harborfront Tower 1 and gained a deeper understanding of Vestas’ business operations. The group was honoured to have Mr. Troels Christensen, the Senior Advisor for Marketing & Business Development, taking valuable time off his work to give the group a detailed presentation.
The presentation included:
- Overview of Vestas
- Overview of the industry
- Main competitors
- Benefits of wind energy
- Technical aspects of a typical wind turbine set-up
During the Q&A, Mr. Christensen also patiently answered many questions posed by various BSM group members.
Some interesting facts learnt from the presentation:
- Vestas, unlike most of its “Western” counterparts, was willing to be more “Chinese” in order to increase its market position in the China market
- The rationale behind the setting up of a R&D centre in Singapore was to tap the large supply of well-qualified engineers
- Troels Christensen, Senior Advisor, Marketing & Business Development
- Annette Hougaard due Jensen, People & Culture Partner